Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Zealand


.
Im in New Zealand! I arrived in Auckland and under suggestion of a friend, I take a plane from North Island to Christchurch in South Island. From there I take a local bus across island through the "Lord of the Rings" territory to beautiful Queenstown in an eight hour drive. The snowy mountains are everywhere as far as the eye can see and just begging me to be climbed. I concede and climb one the next day, overlooking the lake, under the hot sun, I walk the epic landscape.
.
Queenstown is famous for its "extreem" sporting activities. From this beautifly scenic location, you can choose between bunjee jumping, paragliding, trekking, Kayaking, Frisby Golfing, mountain biking...pretty much everything Extreme Sporty people do. Yes, I consider frolfing an extreem sport.
.
New Zealand has a feeling of epic scale even though its such a small country. It sports glacial mountains and lakes of incredible beauty in the south island, jungle tropical weather in the north. Days spent hiking and exploring, nights spent drinking and playing Ausies at pool. This was a pretty good time. This is a place I can see myself moving to.
.
For the second time, I run out of time before I can correctly experience the county Im in. I pack my bags and hop on the plane to California. New Zealand marks the end of my trip and Im completely in denial about going home. I had so many plans and so much I wanted to do once I got home, but last week I hesitantly agreed to a movie job that begins next week in LA, so that's it. No big last hurrah. No day to relax. Nope. Just fall right back into work ..lame..Six more months, and Im ready for the next trip. I got the fever

No comments: